WingChun footwork is equally important and misunderstood. So I decided to begin another four-part series to shed light on this intriguing topic.
The following are some ideas I’ve heard over the years. Do you believe:
- The feet have to be parallel.
- The feet should stand in one line.
- The front leg pulls the back leg forwards.
- The knees must press inwards.
- The pelvis has to be tucked under.
I don’t. Strictly adhering to the above doesn’t feel comfortable, let alone compatible with Self-Defense, to me. Continue reading